The Maryland Distance Learning Association (MDLA) is an association of learning professionals who advocate and promote the coordination and use of distance education in Maryland and throughout the region.
- To promote equity and access to life long learning through distance learning.
- To communicate current information and provide professional development opportunities on distance learning.
- To provide regional leadership in the field of distance learning.
- To influence government policy and regulatory bodies regarding distance learning issues.
- To serve and support the state, consortia, and individual organizations that belong to MDLA.
- To promote and facilitate the formation of partnerships among education, business, healthcare, government and others.
- Recognize and award outstanding achievements in distance learning.
- To promote diversity in our organization and its programs.